Tuesday, October 12, 2010

End of Summer

I know... I know...
Long time since I blogged! But I still am grieving the last days of summer. :) So since July we have had numerous house guests (which I LOVE) my family, Joes Family, friends from Cali... We tried to take the jet skiis to the lake quite a bit... which was great when they were both running at the same time. :) Unfortunately, they have been at Pro Caliber a lot this summer. Guess that's what happens when you have water craft. Anyhow, had a blast during the painfully short summer. The weather didn't turn really warm till well into July and then ended abruptly at the end of August. Bummer~ But on to fall festivities.

For Joe's big 3-0 we took a trip down to the bay area where his mom and sisters had an awesome BBQ for him and then Joe and I went to the 49er game. Monday night vs. the Super bowl Champs... New Orleans Saints. IT was a fun game to be at... Jerry Rice's jersey was retired and all the greats joe montana, steve young, coach mariucci, among others. It was a real nail bitter. Poor joe and his 49ers aren't doing so hot... but hey the KC Chiefs are 3-1. Who would have thunk it?

We also took Maddie to the ranch again... for her second time. It was hilarious because Harry said... "we need to keep the door shut to keep the snakes out" and Maddie all weekend kept saying the snakes are coming... the snakes are coming! But she kept the door shut! :) She had a blast... loved the horses and especially LOVED the ATV's... couldn't keep her off of them.

Now that it's officially fall... the weather has gotten colder which is sad... but Football Sundays have started which is FANTASTIC... Love snuggling up with my family eating all day and staying in our PJ's. :)

2 comments:

Stangel Family said...

For some reason it won't let me upload pics!!! UGH... sorry. Just when I do blog damn technology won't work~

Blyth Family Blog said...

Now was it that hard to sit down for five minutes and update your life? :)
Bloggers been weird lately, I can only upload a couple pics at a time, you might want to try it in just groups of 2...