Tuesday, March 2, 2010

MY MIMI

My mimi, my mimi, where's mimi? MI-MI!!! That is all I have been hearing for the last week. And I love it. :)
My mom was just up visiting for almost a week. Madelyn calls her mimi. It's the cutest darn thing! It was much needed mom and grandma time. There is just something about having your mom near when you aren't feeling great.

We had lots of late night chats... Maddie had lots of time with mimi since I worked a few days- she got her all to herself and LOVED it. Whenever my mom comes to visit... it's bitter-sweet. I love having her in town to talk to, drink a glass of wine with, vent to... but most importantly I love when her and Maddie get to spend time together. But I always get a little sad and homesick when she leaves. It's hard not having her here... and I'm really sorry for Madelyn not to have her "mimi" close by. It melts my heart to see how much she loves her- but it breaks it when she leaves and maddie wants more "mimi".
To all my friends that have lost their moms... I am very sorry that you have to endure life without them in it. And to all my friends that have their moms close by- CHERISH them... Life is so darn short!

I will get off my soap box now. On another note... my blood levels are staying steady... So I get to go a whole 2 weeks between appointments now!

2 comments:

Gina, Kevin and Lucas Samuel said...

Sarah, I know that must be hard when she leaves. Maybe she will move up here someday. Good to hear that you had such a good time with her and that Maddie got a lot of Mimi time! So cute. Love ya!

Darci Wilson said...

Cute pictures. You do have an amazing mom!!