Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One Year Old!!!

My little princess is one year old tom. I have to say this year truely has gone by really fast. And out of all the hundreds of pictures I have taken my favirote is still the tutu! :) I remember the excitement I had when my water broke... I couldn't go back to sleep... I sat out on the couch eating popsicles watching knocked up in the middle of the night. :) Then the long drawn out labor with the awful pitocin... and I certainly can't forget the pushing for 3 hours and the horrible pain when they told me stop pushing you have to have a c-section... oh yeah and you have to wait for 30 mins. to get drugs! But all of that and the not-so-fun pregnancy was more than worth it... when I look at my beautiful perfect baby.

Madelyn Sue is a really amazing baby... I can't help but think that she got part of Gramma Karen's personality... She is just so happy all the time. She smiles and is the sweetest little thing... Most of the time! Sometimes I can't believe that I have a baby.. it feels so surreal. Joe and I are the luckiest parents in the world to have such a perfect baby. And we can't imagine loving her more than we do... Now that I've said how perfect Maddie is I know I have jinxed myself for a terrible second baby... (if there is going to be a second baby)

3 comments:

Gina, Kevin and Lucas Samuel said...

YEAH! Happy Birthday to Maddie Sue!! You and Joe are wonderful parents and should be so proud of your little girl. She is a true blessing.

Darci Wilson said...

That has gotta be my favorite picture too. Its a classic!! One for her senior year yearbook for sure!

The Gil's said...

I agree Sarah, that is the cutest pic ever! Although all of Maddie's pics have been so fun for her first year and I can't wait to see her grow over the years. Happy Belated Birthday to your little angel! Sorry for the delay, we were in Chicago visting the great-grandparents. I love you and miss you!